Saturday, November 21, 2009

Highlight of the trip...

Would you like to know the most exciting part of our 22-hour trip back to the states?

It wasn't when they almost wouldn't let us leave the country due to a micommunication regarding our green cards.

It wasn't when Maple's airplane bassinet fell off the wall to which it was attached.

It wasn't when I realized I had only ONE pacifier for the entire trip because I had left the rest sitting at our back door.

It wasn't when Maple grabbed my salad and dumped it in my lap, dressing and all.

Would you really like to know the most exciting part?

Let's play a game. I'll give you a few words, and you tell me what they have in common.

Carpet.
Airplane seat.
Shoe.
Sock.
Pants.
Shirt.
Tray.
Carry-on luggage.
Book.
Hands.
Arms.
Laptop.

Any guesses? Anyone? You, there in the back? No?

Ok. I thought it was obvious.

This is a list of items that belonged to the man sitting across the aisle from me.

This is also a list of items, belonging to that man, which were covered in baby spit up after Maple projectile vomitted across that aisle.

And in case you were wondering...

...inside the shoe.
...laptop completely crashed.

...


...


...


Yeah....

5 comments:

clearlymysterious said...

LoL!!!! Wow.... :-0 Welcome HOME!

Anonymous said...

Test comment. Brandy.

Brandy said...

Test.

DebbieP said...

Oh no! Anyone would have thought you brave for traveling alone with 2 small kids, but oh no! I am so sorry!

Debbie C. said...

Wow, it's fitting that the post before that was called "Meltdown". Sorry it happened, but glad you all are home!

The Quote That Started It All...

I myself have twelve hats, each one representing a different personality. Why be just yourself? - Margaret Atwood