Saturday, April 26, 2008

If there is anything I have realized about bloggy world it's that everybody and their mother has a list of "Random Facts About Me." Some lists are as long as 100 random facts. Some are longer. Others are shorter. Perhaps someday I will strive to achieve that magic 100 number, but for now, as a sort-of commencement ceremony for the beginning of my new blog, and to commemorate the 40-week anniversary of my job as NCWC Kid's Pastor, may I present:

"40 Random Facts About Me":

40. I am really bad at proof reading. Therefore, I write a lot of sentences ending in prepositions and such.

39. I strive to be like Martha Stewart in my "home care."

38. I am actually more like Roseanne.

37. I really love to cook, and I'm actually becoming pretty darn good, ifIdosaysomyself.

36. But I rarely cook my "good" meals because they all require lots of time, lots of ingredients, and lots of dishes.

35. I hate washing dishes.

34. I am secretly an outdoors girl.

33. But I LOVE being at home.

32. My favorite beverage is Jittery Joe's Medium Dark Roast, Shot of Cinnamon, Room for Cream.

31. But any coffee will do.

30. I want four children.

29. I love to sing in the car as loudly and dramatically as I can.

28. I get really nervous about singing in front of people; though I do it fairly often.

27. I use my daughter's bathtub crayons when I take bubble baths.

26. Most of my "Great Moments" with the Lord are in the bathroom.

25. Yes, I realize how absurd that sounds.

24. I am an International Relations major at UGA.

23. I don't think I will ever use this degree.

22. Growing up, my goal was to become President of the United States.

21. Now, my goal is to raise one in my home (Lord willing).

20. My favorite story of all time is "Peter Pan."

19. First, because I want to be Wendy, mothering the "lost boys."

18. Second, because I love the idea of being eternally child-like.

17. Third, because I have secretly always wanted to be one of the Mermaids in the lagoon.

16. I think wearing glasses is cool.

15. So much so, that I tried to fake an eye exam when I was in middle school so that the doctor would prescribe a pair.

14. It didn't work.

13. I love to sit in a public place and "people watch."

12. I am a blogger addict. I have about 10 blogs that I read on a daily basis. (This habit takes people-watching to a whole new level!)

11. Growing up, I SWORE I would NEVER be a children's pastor, like my mom.

10. Today, I am eating my words, striving to be more like her in my job, and appreciating the Lord's since of humor.

9. Sometimes when I am doing mundane work (i.e. dishes) I hear a sports announcer in my head giving the play-by-play.

8. According to that Sports Announcer, I am possibly better at scrubbing a pot than the all-time record holder -- Martha Stewart.

7. I haven't had a "real" haircut (by a professional) in two years.

6. Because I cut my own hair... sometimes to my own detriment.

5. I have used bed sheets to sew a "June Cleaver" dress, which I wear with pearls when I really want to get a lot of house cleaning done.

4. In real life, the dress looks so terrible on me that I've only worn it in public once.

3. And my husband laughed.

2. I wear many hats, literally and metaphorically.

1. But my favorite place is in His presence, where there are no hats, just me and Him.

1 comment:

Debbie C. said...

Welcome to the "blogosphere". You are a gifted writer, I can tell already and I look forward to following your posts.

The Quote That Started It All...

I myself have twelve hats, each one representing a different personality. Why be just yourself? - Margaret Atwood