Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Movin' and Groovin'

Can I just say, tonight ranks pretty high in the great nights of parenting.

In one night, Maple Anne said her first word AND semi-crawled across the floor.

There was one night a few weeks ago where we thought waving arms and "bah bah bah" was actually her first word of "bye, bye." We were wrong. But then... tonight... she dropped a toy and said, "Ah, Uh oh!" Of course, I was alone in the room and thought, "Yeah right, that was a fluke." So when Brandon walked in, I said, "I swear she just said 'Uh oh'." As if on cue, she giggled and said, "Uh oh." It has been the word of the night. When she drops something. When she topples over. When she just feels like talking: "Uh oh."

Not too long after that first word, we put her on the floor to do her standard roll-around. Next thing we know, she's doing a military-style crawl across the room. Arms and legs were moving in time; she was moving forward in one certain direction. All she's lacking is actually getting her belly off the ground. Still, this too was no fluke. We kept moving toys several feet in front of her, and she kept military crawling to get them.

All the while, big sister Chloe was clapping and cheering and encouraging her on.

I tell you what, it was a big night in the Thixton household. A big, big night.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Heeheee, Go Maple!!! Oh, and actually Uh Oh is two words... simple amazing :D

Jessica said...

Nice!

"I can't feel my legs.
Bubba, you ain't got no legs."

Brandy Thixton said...

Lol! Jess just earned the award for best. comment. ever. :)

The Quote That Started It All...

I myself have twelve hats, each one representing a different personality. Why be just yourself? - Margaret Atwood