Wednesday, May 7, 2008

From Pizza to Chicken... oh! the flavors!

It's 1:45am... you read that right...AM...and I'm about to head to bed... for a second time.

9pm coffee and an 11pm power-nap do NOT make for a 12am bedtime.

We had two of our dearest friends over tonight, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. It's such a nice (and rare) treat when everyone is okay with delivery pizza and salad-in-a-bag for dinner and a movie for entertainment. Those kind of friends are like family. And since all of our lives are so hectic, it's always comforting to have a few hours to just be with them.

Along those lines, we are having ANOTHER couple of close friends over on Friday night (I think). I just got the text right before my FIRST bedtime (which may have also triggered the lack of sleep).

But I think for this couple I will cook. Not because they are any less comfortable to be around, but simply because I FINALLY have a week off, and I'm in the RARE mood to cook. So, why not?

And since I don't have anything better to blog about, here is what I think I will make Friday night:

Old-fashioned slow-roasted chicken with carrots and potatoes.
Garlic-Roasted Asparagus
Old-fashion macaroni and cheese (my mom's recipe)
And Rhubarb Pie for dessert.

Anybody out there have any good recipes for a "home cookin'" meal? I love trying new stuff, especially the "classics" that only our grandmothers know how to make.

No comments:

The Quote That Started It All...

I myself have twelve hats, each one representing a different personality. Why be just yourself? - Margaret Atwood