Friday, August 22, 2008

What does 600 calories look like?

While it is not my intention to turn this bloggy site into a play-by-play of my diet woes, several people have asked me what, exactly, does a person eat on a diet like this.

I personally don't know why this would interest anyone, but I am here to oblige my faithful readers (all four of them).

Thankfully, Dr.Z has made the plan very simple (if boring) so that I have only a few foods to choose from.

I eat:

Two servings of these fruits, 6 hours apart (for me that means one for breakfast, and one in between lunch and dinner): apple, orange, strawberries (about six large ones), and 1/2 grapefruit.

For Lunch: 3.5oz of green veggies (or cauliflower), and 3.5oz of lean meat (chicken or light fish)

For Dinner: same as lunch

No oil. No butter. No condiments (except certain hot sauces).

I am allowed salt and pepper and a few spices.

PLUS, all the sugar-free, calorie-free drinks I would like (which includes, but is not limited to: tea, coffee, diet drinks, crystal light, and water.)

I can also have 1 tablespoon of fat-free milk (which I put in my coffee, of course).

I am on day 2, and today has been immeasurably better than yesterday. I'm not quite as hungry, and I already feel like I have more energy than normal.

Good things are happening, people. Good Things.

1 comment:

Kim Heinecke said...

If I had to do that, I would demand a medal when it was over. I just had a mid afternoon snack 'for you.' you can thank me later.

The Quote That Started It All...

I myself have twelve hats, each one representing a different personality. Why be just yourself? - Margaret Atwood