Thursday, March 5, 2009

Snooglisheousness

So, my mom is flying into Seoul tomorrow evening, and I couldn't be more excited. There are many, many reasons that I am looking forward to her visit. So, for your reading pleasure, the list format:

1. Talking face-to-face is easier when it isn't done over a sketchy web cam.

2. We get to set up (or at least start to set up) the baby's room!

3. I get to show her - live and in person - that we really are doing ok.

4. She's bringing bed sheets! (Thanks to Martha Dale and Nanna!)We have had the hardest time finding sheets here...

5. And the thing that, perhaps, I am most excited about: She is bringing me....

THE SNOOGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



When pregnant with CJ, I purchased this pillow (at the insistence of my good friend Christan) and used it every single night. My poor cuddle-less husband started calling it my "second husband" because of how much time I spent snuggled with my snoogle.

But this time, I decided to wait. I decided that pregnant women all over the world get through all nine months without the miracle that is the Snoogle. But, my friends, the time of martyrdom has passed and I JUST WANT TO GET A DECENT NIGHT'S SLEEP.

So, with the help of a trusty credit card and a willing family member (my mom) who has agreed to fly the pillow all the way to the other side of the world... I will be once again be reunited with the comfort and love given to me by this rather large c-shaped pillow.

Yes, my friends. Tomorrow night, for the first time in weeks, I WILL be comfortable in my own bed (though, this time, I have agreed to share equal time between my first and "second" husband... per hubby's request).

But, you know, I'm excited about seeing my mom too. :) Seriously. I am.

Love you, mom! (and the snoogle you bring with you!)

2 comments:

DebbieP said...

I have never seen a snoogle before! Boy I wish I had one when I am pregnant! I am so glad you will be reunited with your second hubby and get to see your Mom too! What fun that visit will be!

Beloved of the Lord said...

Heeehee, what a great post!!
The word snooglisheousness really caught my attention... what a great word!
I love you and hope you have a great time with your mom!!

The Quote That Started It All...

I myself have twelve hats, each one representing a different personality. Why be just yourself? - Margaret Atwood