Saturday, April 18, 2009

14 days.

14 days ago: Chloe starts sniffling and snorting.
13 days ago: She sneezes in the general direction of my mouth and nose.
12 days ago: I start sniffling and snorting.
11 days ago: Fever and Flu for two, please.
10 days ago: A second serving? Why not.
9 days ago: Fever breaking? Can I dare to hope?
8 days ago: Fever gone, Flu carries on undeterred.
7 days ago: Dear Mr.Flu, you have made me miserable long enough.
6 days ago: Easter Sunday Service, then back in bed (oh! my head!). Contractions start at 9pm.
5 days ago: Contractions stop, but apparently nobody told the baby.
4 days ago: Off to the hospital lickity-split.
3 days ago: Bed rest. Flu is finally subsiding.
2 days ago: Bed rest.
1 day ago: Off bed rest! How about a day outside? What's that? An ear infection on the side? Don't mind if I do.
19 hours ago: Ear infection = ruptured ear drum. Yowza!
10 hours ago: Feeling quite sorry for myself.
6 hours ago: Ansley and EunYoung show up at my door bearing cake and presents. A small surprise baby shower!
2 hours ago: Home from shopping with Ansley and EunYoung. Another piece of cake? I think I've earned it.
Present: Cuddled on the couch with hubby, contemplating taking a couple Tylenol (darn ear) and going to bed.

So, it hasn't been the best two weeks of my life, but I can see many ways in which it could have been much worse.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I'm so sorry about the sicknesses. That's no fun. I pray the Lord would encourage you in valley! Love you.

bjtrain83 said...

My immune system is as strong as an ox. I'm just there to be a shoulder to lean your broken ear on.

Beloved of the Lord said...

I'm praying for you sweaty.
Love ya!

The Quote That Started It All...

I myself have twelve hats, each one representing a different personality. Why be just yourself? - Margaret Atwood