Friday, April 24, 2009

24 Hour Frenzy...

Sometime yesterday afternoon, this cruel sinus infection gave way to a sudden jolt of "nesting" instincts.

In the last 24 hours, I have...

...cleaned the laundry room from floor to ceiling.
...completed 4 loads of laundry, start to finish.
...scrubbed the entire bathroom, fumes be darned.
...swept, mopped, scrubbed, and wiped every inch of the porch.
...purged the books, toys, and magazines in the living room.
...dusted/windex'd all shelves and drawers in the entertainment center (plus all electronics).
...rearranged entertainment center drawers (much to the chagrin of Sweet Hubby).

So after all that, I decided that this mommy deserved a nice long, hot shower. Sure, I had another hour or so of work left to do in the Living Room, but there would still be time before Chloe awoke from her afternoon nap.

Then it happened. Remember that testy little ruptured ear drum? Well, it got wet. That is to say, I completely forgot about it until 2.5 ka-jillion gallons of hot shower water poured into it. Then it became... a little less hard to forget.

So here I am, back on the couch, nursing an achy ear, jaw, and cheekbone and just thinking about all the things I would LIKE to be up doing.

In happier news, my friend Ansley is coming over to hang out this evening. I think perhaps I will ask her to pick up some good ol' American McD's on the way so I don't have to worry about dinner.

Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy and cold. Sounds like the perfect day to start a new book and drink too much hot chocolate. Don't mind if I do.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Uggh, sorry your ear is giving you trouble again! Sounds like you did get a lot done though... you little nesting bird you!

Kathryn said...

Way to make lemonade out of all these lemons! I will keep praying for total healing. Tell Ansley HI from us :)

The Quote That Started It All...

I myself have twelve hats, each one representing a different personality. Why be just yourself? - Margaret Atwood