Saturday, May 30, 2009

Some daily randomness...

Today was a much better day. I'm still having weird hormonal stuff that causes me to tear up at the least little thing, but I've kept it in check by simply going to my room to read whenever I feel the waterworks coming on. So far, it has worked.

Physically, things are better too. I won't go into details, but suffice it to say, whatever the doctor did yesterday (which caused me to spend the better half of yesterday afternoon in much pain) has made all the difference today. I can touch my toes, y'all. Do you know what that means? That means I can shave.

It's a good thing my hubby hasn't been here because ten days with nary a razor near my legs has left quite a manly-style mess down there. Yesterday, my oh-so-observant daughter looked at my legs and said, "You got hairs, mommy?"

Yes, dearest daughter, I have hairy legs. Thank you for pointing that out.

But she didn't point. She pulled. That's right. Right here, in the middle of my living room, my two-year-old daughter spent the better part of a minute entertaining herself with my leg hairs.

But, thanks to whatever magic the good doc used yesterday, when tomorrow morning's shower rolls around, those little (and not-so-little) hairs are gone. Good Riddance.

Lets see... news for the grandparents...

Maple slept a 5-hour stretch last night. That's right, folks, my 8-day-old daughter slept from 11pm to 4am. It's exciting stuff. Her neck muscles are really starting to strengthen; so she's lifting her head a lot more, particularly to follow Chloe's voice. They are so in love with each other. It's truly amazing.

Chloe received four new pairs of shoes when Grandpa arrived, and she has spent much of her time parading around the house in said shoes, admiring her reflection at every opportunity. She's a girl after my own heart, loving on those shoes like she does. Although, it could also be that shoes are not allowed in our house (per Korean custom), and so the fact that she gets to "break" the rules for a day seems like fun to a two-year-old. I'm choosing to believe it's just a healthy love for a nice pair of jellies.

Ok. So those are pretty much the most significant parts of my day. :)

I'm off to bed to read and (hopefully) sleep another five hours. G'night, y'all.

No comments:

The Quote That Started It All...

I myself have twelve hats, each one representing a different personality. Why be just yourself? - Margaret Atwood