Wednesday, January 1, 2014

30 Days of Hustle, Day 1: the WHAT

"Today is all about the WHAT"

Jon challenged us to pick ONE very specific thing that we are going to do in the next 30 days. But because I'm rebellious (or too ADD to do just one thing) I have three. Hm.

My goals for the year are rooted in a blog I read by Brandon Park.

If you have about 3 minutes, go read it. It's good.

If not, here's the gist of it:

Of all the things you do in a day (and in your life), only 5% of those things ONLY you can do. Confused?

Here's the breakdown:

80% of what you do can be done by anyone.
15% of what you do can be done by anyone with a little training.
5% - FIVE PERCENT - of the things you do in life can be done by you alone.

Over and over, during the past few months, the Lord has reminded me of this statistic. I feel Him instructing me: Know your 5%, and do it with excellence.

So that's it. That's my path, my goal, my focus for 2014. I want to know my 5%, and I want to learn how to do it with excellence.

Here's what I have thus far:
1. Only I can be a wife to my husband.
2. Only I can be a mother to my children.
3. Only I can make healthy choices (mentally and physically).
4. Only I can tell my story (in my writing, through my testimony, and in my friendships).
5. Only I can have my relationship with Christ.

So for the next 30 Days, I'm focusing on numbers 3-5.

I'm going to MOVE, every day.
I'm going to spend time with my Jesus, every day.
And I'm going to document the journey here on the blog - every day.

So here's to the hustle and to the big dreams and to the small beginnings.

Leggo!



2 comments:

Cara Maggie said...

Love you, Brandy!! Thanks for inspiring me, now and always. Here's to the hustle and finding joy in every bit of it!

Brandy Thixton said...

Cara Maggie, as always, I love your perspective... "finding joy in every bit of it!" Yes! Love it! Love you!

The Quote That Started It All...

I myself have twelve hats, each one representing a different personality. Why be just yourself? - Margaret Atwood