Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 4: Have fun!

Day 1: The What  - Get in the Word, move, and blog, every day, for 30 days.
Day 2: The Why - To be a better "me" so I can help create a better "we" in my family and relationships.
Day 3: The How - get up earlier (ugh).

So here's Day 4: Have fun!

Jon Acuff wrote, "Today, figure out a way to add some fun to whatever it is you’re working on for the next 30 days."

Okay.

I mentioned in my last post that I'm finding the "move" part kind of fun, since I'm not restricting myself to certain types of exercise.

Day 1, I worked "movement" into my regular routine. Leg lifts during TV commercials, lunges while blowing my hair dry, arm curls while stirring the soup.
Day 2. I convinced the whole family to join me in doing yoga.
Day 3, kids Zumba on the Wii.
Today (Day 4): Wii fit.

It has been fun to give myself permission to mix it up, and do what I feel like doing, as long as I'm moving.

As for the quiet time, the only thing I can think of is turning on the fireplace. I know this sounds silly, but it's so cold when I first wake up in the morning that I don't want to get out of bed. We typically don't turn on the fire because the cost of gas has gone up so much. But the thought of snuggling up under a blanket, next to the fire, with a cup of coffee in my hand sounds heavenly, and seems like a perfect opportunity to commune with Heaven.

Then there's this here little blog. I don't know how to make this more fun. I might spend some time searching the web for some memes, simply so I don't have to think up a topic to write about. I'm open to advice from any bloggers lurking in the corners out there - comment below and let me know what you think. How can I make this more fun?

That's it for Day 4. I'm enjoying this journey. Tomorrow is church (yay!); then Monday is when the rubber really meets the road. Brandon goes back to work (and back to his crazy work schedule), and I go back to being full-time round-the-clock homeschool mom. This could get interesting...

No comments:

The Quote That Started It All...

I myself have twelve hats, each one representing a different personality. Why be just yourself? - Margaret Atwood