Monday, June 1, 2009

"Solitude is often the best society"

Not too much to report today. Physically, I am feeling better and growing stronger every day. I can now get up and down off the couch with ease, turn over in my bed, and yes, my friends, I can shave my legs! Can I get a whoop WHOOP?!

I still am unable to sit at the table with the family, but I think that will be a possibility within the next week. And even though I am feeling better, I recognize that I am still very weak. Just taking a shower wipes me out and makes my joints ache.

So, as I said, growing stronger every day... but not there yet.

Hormonally and emotionally, things seem to be back to normal (whatever that is). The waterworks have dried up, and the feelings of on-the-verge panic have subsided. I still cannot think too in-depth about the delivery without reigniting those feelings, but the Lord is helping me to focus my thoughts elsewhere when those fears start creeping up on me. "What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee."

I am really looking forward to today. Grandma, Grandpa, and Chloe have taken off with one of the pastors to hit the highlights in Seoul. That leaves me and the little one alone. I'm almost beside myself not knowing what to do first (after I blog, of course. I do still have my priorities, people).

So I think I'll do a little reading: Transforming Grace by Jerry Bridges, and Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom.

Then perhaps watch a movie: Finding Neverland

I suppose I should throw a nap or two in there for good measure.

Lest ye think I'm being just plain lazy, I'll have you know that I did just start a load of laundry, and I do plan on hanging it up before the day is done. I'm nothing if not ambitious.

It's a hard life, folks, a haaard life.

2 comments:

Christan said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your day of rest! Love ya!

Unknown said...

I'm glad things are getting back to "normal" for you! Hope you enjoyed your peaceful day and had time to ft those naps in!

The Quote That Started It All...

I myself have twelve hats, each one representing a different personality. Why be just yourself? - Margaret Atwood